Day four of four with Anabel and Jeremy (single day and four day tickets available below)
Join SIGMA ambassador Anabel DFlux and Jeremy Saffer as they take you through the world of conceptual gothic portraiture.
Come to the darker side of portraiture as Anabel and Jeremy show you how to bring a concept to life and get incredible, dark, surreal images in camera using various LED lighting, props, and practical effects SIGMA ambassador Anabel Dflux and Jeremy Saffer will emphasize Beauty and Darkness with a variety of goth musicians and models, showing different lighting and practical effect techniques as well as posing and directing to bring out the unique look of each artist while enhancing the overall concept. Afterward, attendees take over and photograph the special guests using a variety of lighting and set ups, props fog, and everything they’ve learned from the day!
• How to capture dark and fantasy portraiture
• Creating the concept from imagination to fruition.
• Introduction to LED- Slideshow of LED usages; LED application; Slideshow of BTS/final images/editorial/covers with spec breakdowns of LED settings
• LED Color Blending/Temperature- Reviewing color temperature theory/cold tone, warm tone, CTO; Reviewing color blending theory (mixing color); Show various LED lights and their effects and usages
• Camera Prep- A walk through of what cameras/lenses I will be using; Students prep their cameras/provided cameras prepped
• Studio build- Visual demo of turning classroom into a working studio with a full gear set up, and a break down of the gear/equipment• Image review and feedback
10:00 a.m – 7:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. – Intro to dark portraiture
10:30 a.m. – Using lighting to create a scene
11:00 a.m. – Posing and directing
11:30 a.m. – LED hands on demo
12:00 p.m. – Break / Lunch (Time may vary)
12:30 p.m. – Pre-shoot QnA with guest/band.
1:00 p.m. – Live Shoot: Anabel and Jeremy photographs guests
2:30 p.m. – Live Shoot: Students photograph guests
6:00 p.m. – Wrap up/final band QnA/feedbackw
7:00 p.m. – Wrap/QnA
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with an interest in portrait photography and lighting will gain much from this program. Music photographers looking to get into music portraiture. Any photographers who want the chance to photograph a band using professional lighting in a studio setting.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Having a basic understanding of photography, camera settings, and being familiar with your camera is important but students do not need any prior lighting experience.
Bring your camera with you, we will be using Nanlite lighting and there will be plenty of SIGMA lenses available for you to try/use. There will also be a Leica mirrorless camera available for students to try/use.
This workshop will use 100% Nanlite LED lighting! Whether you have some experience or you're a LED Newbie, this is an EXCELLENT way to get experienced with this form of lighting that’s practical, easy to set up, and visually stunning! Photographers of all skill levels are encouraged to attend!
We will also use Atmosphere Aerosol and Fog effects for this shoot.
ABOUT OUR WEEKEND OF WORKSHOPS WITH JEREMY SAFFER AND ANABEL DFLUX Oh My GOTH! is day 4 of 4 weekend workshops with Anabel and Jeremy. Thursday is Duality, Friday and Saturday are Creating The Cycle, and Sunday is Oh My GOTH! If you would like to sign up for all four days at a discounted rate, make sure to choose the Four Day Option!